Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Bible Reading - 1 Thessalonians and 2 Thessalonians



I've definitely gotten away from reading as much of the Bible as I was at the beginning of the year, but I am still reading, which is what I feel is the most important. It's been tough to stick with it as spring is a busy time for the kids at school and for me in the garden. But if I am to set an example for my children that God must come first, then I need to make sure I'm practicing what I say.

1 Thessalonians 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5

Favorite verses:

3:12 And may the Lord make you increase and abound in love to one another and to all, just as we do to you,

4:13-14 But I do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning those who have fallen asleep, lest you sorrow as others who have no hope. For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who sleep in Jesus.

4:16-17 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord.

5:16-18 Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

2 Thessalonians 1, 2 & 3

Favorite verse:

3:13 But as for you, brethren, do not grow weary in doing good.

No comments: