Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Bible Reading - Philippians



I'm feeling badly because I've allowed my busy schedule to get in the way of my daily Bible reading. I managed to read Paul's letter to the Philippians, but nothing else last week. This week isn't looking much better.

This book of the Bible is a short one, but it is one of my favorites, especially Chapter 4, which includes my favorite Bible verse, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." (Phil 4:13).

Chapters 1, 2, 3, and 4


Favorite verses:

1:6 ...being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ;

 2:3-4 Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself. Let each of you look out not only for his own interests, but also for the interests of others.

2:14-15 Do all things without complaining and disputing, that you may become blameless and harmless, children of God without fault in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world,

3:20-21 For our citizenship is in heaven, from which we also eagerly wait for the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, who will transform our lowly body that it may be conformed to His glorious body, according to the working by which He is able even to subdue all things to Himself.

4:4 Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!
4:6-7 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

4:19 And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

No comments: