Saturday, October 25, 2014

Writing World Update



My last writing update was in August, so I am overdue. I've pretty much stuck to the goals I began with in January, but I removed one of them because I knew it wouldn't happen. Here is where I stand now.


Daily Bible reading between 8 and 8:30 a.m.

I originally set this task for the morning because I knew once I got into my day it would never happen. Since I am now doing my best to get to the office by 9 am, this time frame no longer works. I've tried switching it to just before bedtime, but I'm tired and fall asleep without reading anything. I was able to get some reading in this past week, so hopefully that continues.

Reduce blogging/reviewing duties.

I haven't taken on many new books to review this year, but I have taken a few through December. I pretty much figure that by January I will be concentrating solely on my TBR pile and not take any new reviews until I catch up; especially since spring is a busy time for real estate and I plan to focus on that.

Complete the first draft of my middle grade historical Amelia's Mission by February 28th.

As we all know, this didn't happen. I'm 13 chapters in and meeting with my writing group once or twice a month to see on what I need to change. October's meeting found that perhaps Amelia and the butler are too friendly, so I want to edit that section soon. After that, I hope to keep plugging away through the winter a little at a time.

Research one new publisher/agent a month. I want to submit more often.

I've been using my 2015 Guide to Literary Agents to help with my search. I haven't submitted yet, but I am farther along than I was in the process. I want to be ready once Amelia's Mission is in good shape.

Complete editing projects.

This is a new addition. Two editing projects came my way unexpectedly. I'm thrilled. Not sure on the time frame for both yet, but once I know I'll update my goal.

That's it right now. I am looking forward to the end of the year. The Lil' Princess is turning 11 in a couple of weeks, and soon Thanksgiving and Christmas will be here.

No comments: