Monday, May 12, 2014

Daily Bible Reading - Hebrews Continued




How is it more than two weeks have passed since my last update? The girls have kept me running with a variety of things. The Lil' Princess started soccer and the Lil' Diva is in rehearsals for Peter Pan Jr. MCAS testing is finally done for the year, so they are thrilled. As for me, I've been planning book tours for clients and working on finding a real estate broker to work now that I have my license. I've been very bad about my daily Bible reading, which is a shame because I am in a much better frame of mind with it than without it.

We've been studying the tabernacle at church, so some of these chapters in Hebrews solidified that learning.

Hebrews 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9

Favorite verses:

6:10 For God is not unjust to forget your work and labor of love which you have shown toward His name, in that you have ministered to the saints, and do minister.
7:22  by so much more Jesus has become a surety of a better covenant.
7:25 Therefore He is also able to save to the uttermost those who come to God through Him, since He always lives to make intercession for them.
8:12 "For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their lawless deeds I will remember no more.”
9:13-14 For if the blood of bulls and goats and the ashes of a heifer, sprinkling the unclean, sanctifies for the purifying of the flesh, 14 how much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself without spot to God, cleanse your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?
9:28 ...so Christ was offered once to bear the sins of many. To those who eagerly wait for Him He will appear a second time, apart from sin, for salvation.

No comments: