Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Achievements, Regrets, and Looking Forward



Chad R. Allen, editorial director for Baker Books, started his blogging year off with this wonderful post that asked readers the following questions.
  1. What Made You Proud?
  2. What Do You Regret?
  3. What S.M.A.R.T. Goals Do You Have for This Year?
  4. What Would Blow Your Mind If It Happened?
This is my list:


What Made You Proud?

I’m proud I submitted more often than I usually do. I submitted a couple of finished projects to two agents and two other projects to publishers.

What Do You Regret?

That I overwhelmed my schedule so much that my writing time this year was less than expected. Thankfully, I began putting plans into place in October to change that for 2014.

What S.M.A.R.T. Goals Do You Have for This Year?

The two most important right now, are: daily Bible reading from 8 – 8:30 a.m. and to complete my middle grade historical by the end of February. I’m a little over halfway through, so I believe I can make it.

What Would Blow Your Mind If It Happened?

It would blow my mind if I got signed by an agent this year. I’ve written six picture books; three of which are ready to submit. I’m in the process of doing some additional market research to see who would be best fitted for them. I also have two other picture book ideas started, but I really want to finish my middle grade book first.

You can read Chad's entire post at http://www.chadrallen.com/2014/01/01/bestyearever/ Hope you'll share your list here or there.

No comments: