Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Last Week's Bible Reading - 1 Corinthians Continued



Continuing with my reading of 1 Corinthians, which is one of my favorite books of the New Testament. I had class this past Saturday and Sunday, so I didn't read those days.

Chapters 12, 13, 14, 15, and 16.

Favorite verses:

12: 4 - 7 There are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit. There are differences of ministries, but the same Lord. And there are diversities of activities, but it is the same God who works all in all. But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to each one for the profit of all...

13: 1- 3  Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal. And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned,[a] but have not love, it profits me nothing.

13: 13 And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.
15: 33  Do not be deceived: “Evil company corrupts good habits.”
15: 56 - 57  The sting of death is sin, and the strength of sin is the law. But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
16: 13- 14  Watch, stand fast in the faith, be brave, be strong. Let all that you do be done with love.

No comments: