Friday, January 10, 2014

This Week's Bible Reading



Now that I am finished with Paul's Letter to the Romans, I have moved on to 1 Corinthians. My reading time was less now that my work schedule is back to normal after the holidays, but I still managed the following:

Chapters 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5.

Favorite verses:
1: 31 ...“He who glories, let him glory in the Lord.”
2: 4-5 And my speech and my preaching were not with persuasive words of human[b] wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power, that your faith should not be in the wisdom of men but in the power of God.
 3: 9 For we are God’s fellow workers; you are God’s field, you are God’s building.
3: 16 Do you not know that you are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?
 4: 20 For the kingdom of God is not in word but in power.
5: 6-8 ...Do you not know that a little leaven leavens the whole lump? Therefore purge out the old leaven, that you may be a new lump, since you truly are unleavened. For indeed Christ, our Passover, was sacrificed for us. Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, nor with the leaven of malice and wickedness, but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.

No comments: